Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wal-Mart Trip 9/4

This is not a title I would expect to see very often on my blog; however, I ran in to the Wal-Mart at the mall to check the prices on a couple of things and ended up with turkey. Yes - turkey! I had $5.00 off any one Jennie-O Turkey Store product and decided to see what they had; the only thing they had for more than $5.00 were turkey breasts that run around $10 - $11 each - not something we'd really eat that well.

What I ended up getting was a box of frozen turkey and gravy for $3.00; I considered 2 boxes but sometimes it's very difficult to get the overage at Wal-Mart so I settled for 1 box figuring they would adjust the coupon down to the $3.00. While I was looking at the Jennie-O products, I noticed that a 1-lb roll of frozen ground turkey is only $1.52 and last Sunday's (8/23) Smart Source (at least the Chicago & St Louis editions) had $1.00 off any fresh or frozen Jennie-O Turkey Store product. Woo-hoo, 52 cents per lb for ground turkey! I figured that was a pretty good price so I picked up a couple. So here's how Wal-Mart worked for me today:

1 box turkey & gravy, $3.00
2 lbs ground turkey, $3.04
2 cans Raviolios, $1.76 (I can't lie & tell you these are for my son - he wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole - they're mine; I love these things and you can only buy them at Wal-Mart around here.)

used
$5.00 Jennie-O Turkey Store coupon, home mailer from a while back - don't have a clue as to where I signed up for it
$1.00 Jennie-O Turkey Store coupon (x2), SS 8/30

I had the nicest cashier who did not adjust the $5.00 coupon, so my total was 80¢. I don't know the last time I left Wal-Mart and spent less than $1.00; but I'm sure it's never involved enough meat for 3 meals!

No comments: