Friday, August 26, 2011

Weekly Shopping Wrap-up

Ran into Walgreens Tuesday afternoon and took advantage of the glitch on the Dove RR. Did two identical transactions of 3 single Dove soap bars, on sale for 99¢ with in-ad coupon. Each transaction was $3.15 after tax and produced a $6 RR. Tried it again on Wednesday morning, but no RR printed. I'm very glad I was able to get in on it.
Working on the Hormel Compleats stockpile... Went to Park Avenue Kroger & Southside Kroger this evening and got 8 Hormel Compleats at each one. Since I haven't shopped a whole lot lately I also picked up quite a bit of other stuff while I was out. One of the best buys for the stockpile was Clean & Clear PersaGel 10, $3.49 Mega Sale price, used a $3.00 printable coupon from Clean & Clear's website. This is a great deal since two of us in this house have to fight acne! I also found a couple packages of meat on Manager's Markdown. Got the Minute Maid frozen lemonade & cherry limeade on sale for $1.00 with a 50¢ coupon which should have doubled. However, it wouldn't scan so they had to key it in manually which meant they would have had to double it manually and they didn't know if it was one that was supposed to double. Aaagghh!!! Oh well, 50¢ each isn't a bad deal - just not as good as free! LOL

I got quite a bit of stuff, not lots of free or almost-free, just things we'll eat that were on sale for decent prices. Not a particularly "frugal" evening, but I've not been doing lots of shopping lately so I spent more than normal tonight. But I stayed within my budget, so it's all good. :)

Also ran into Food Giant tonight. Got the hubby some chocolate pies he really likes. I usually get them at Dollar General but they've not had them the last few weeks. Grabbed a bottle of Era, on sale for $3.58 and used a 50¢ coupon which doubled to $1.00. Also, used one of my BOGO Sundrop coupons. They expire the 31st and Food Giant is the best place I've found to use them since RC products are 88¢, making them 44¢ each after the BOGO coupon. I also picked up a couple boxes of Nabisco Premium saltines, another product where I tend to be brand-loyal. On sale for $1.88 each, and I used a 75¢ off 2 Nabisco cookies or crackers coupon. Checked on my favorite hot dogs while I was there (Field Classic - 10 in the pkg) because very few places have them anymore. I was happy to find them on sale for $1.25 so I picked up a couple of packages.

Tomorrow, I need to hit Big John's in Metropolis. I printed several extra Hunt's ketchup coupons at the library today so I can stock up. Then need to run to the bad store (aka Walmart) for a few things. And maybe a quick trip to Kohl's since I have a 20% off and a $10 off $10 that both expire tomorrow.

No comments: