Sunday, September 5, 2010

My First Rite Aid Trip


Since the closest Rite Aid is in Murray and it takes about 35 minutes to get there, I hadn't been shopping Rite Aid. However, I had been wanting to get started and decided since I had the time yesterday (Saturday 9/4) I was going to make a trip to Murray to hit Rite Aid & the thrift stores.

I didn't use my usual grocery & drug store money for this trip. I had been given a little extra money from someone this week and decided to use that for a splurge.

I spent more OOP than I normally would on a drugstore trip, but I'm pretty happy with what I bought. I did three transactions, the first two were back-to-back, and then I came back before I left town & did the third one.

Transaction #1
Purchased
(1) Nivea for Men Body Wash, $3.00
(2) Garnier Nutrisse Haircolor, $5.99 ea
(1) Garnier Fructis Shampoo (33% more bonus bottle), $2.99
(1) Garnier Fructis Conditioner (33% more bonus bottle), $2.99
(1) Nivea Lip Treatment, $2.99
(1) bag Cheetos (hadn't had lunch LOL), $1.29
(2) 20 oz Mt. Dew, $1.49 each
Rite Aid Coupons Used
(1) $5/$25 Video Values (August)
(1) $1.00 Garnier Video Values (August)
(1) $1.00 Garnier Video Values (September)
(1) $2.00 Garnier Haircolor Video Values (September)
(1) B1G1 Mt. Dew Video Values (August), took off $1.06
Mfg. Coupons Used
(1) $1.00 Nivea for Men Body Wash
(1) $1.00 Nivea Lip Treatment
(2) $2.00 Garnier Nutrisse
(2) $1.00 Garnier Shampoo or Conditioner
Total OOP $11.48, got back $5 (Garnier), $2 (Nivea BW) & $1 (Nivea Lip) +UP Rewards, will submit for $1.99 Nivea Lip SCR

Transaction #2
Purchased
(6) Gain Dish Detergent, 89¢ each
(1) Nexxus Therappe Shampoo, $5.99
(1) Nexxus Conditioner, $18.99 (specially packaged with full-size shampoo - buy conditioner get shampoo free!)
Rite Aid Coupons Used
$5/$25 Video Values
$8 total +UP Rewards from first transaction
Mfg Coupons Used
(6) $1.00 Gain Dish Detergent adjusted to 89¢ each
Total OOP $13.50, got back $10 +UP Rewards (Nexxus)

Transaction #3
Purchased
(2) 100 ct Aleeve, $9.99 & $4.99 (buy one, get one half-price sale)
(2) Wet n Wild Perfect Pair Eyeshadow/Liner, $3.99 ea
(1) Wet n Wild Liquid Eyeliner, free
(1) Wet n Wild Pencil Eyeliner, free (for some reason I had it in my mind that that Wet n Wild was buy one get one half-price instead of BOGO so I had figured in half-price on these)
(1) Gift Bag, $1.69 (needed this for a birthday dinner last night)
Rite Aid Coupons Used
$5/$25 printed from Red Plum
$2/$6 Wet n Wild Video Values
$1.00 Aleeve Video Values
$10 +UP Rewards from Transaction #2
Mfg Coupons Used
$5/$10 Wet n Wild (When I realized Wet n Wild was actually BOGO, I was going to get a couple more items but the cashier took it since it scanned with no problem...)
Total OOP $1.77, got back $2 +UP Rewards (Aleeve)

Total OOP for all 3 transactions, $26.75. I earned $20 +UP Rewards, used $18 of them and still have $2 left. I will also submit for $1.99 SCR for the Nivea lip treatment. Not an unbelievably great trip because of the high OOP, but still pretty good for all I got (especially since I love Nexxus products but refuse to pay full price for them!)

I wasn't going to get the Aleeve, since I had forgotten to take the $2.00 printables from coupons.com which would have lowered my total OOP; however, I decided to just use the +UP Rewards from the Nexxus since we were completely out of Aleeve. Since I take an Aleeve/Ibuprofen combo for my migraines it's usually a very bad idea to not have any on hand!

P.S. Ignore the date on the picture; apparently my hubby hasn't set the date on his digital camera LOL

No comments: