Saturday, August 14, 2010

Why We Love Kroger!

So Tuesday afternoon when I ran in Kroger to do my last P&G transaction (the one I didn't blog because I don't have the receipt with me LOL), I discovered Nature Valley Granola Bars & Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks on clearance. Hello? Can you say brand new Mega Event? Tuesday is our overlap day - new sales starting Wednesday have usually started and sales ending Tuesday are still good. So after I stocked up on P&G, Nature Valley and Fruit Snacks (for the almost-4-year-old daughter of the best couponing buddy ever!) I called & texted the aforementioned buddy so she could stop by after work and get even more...

So here's her trip:

8 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks, $1.29 each
- (3) 50 cent Shortcuts & Cellfire ecoupons
- (4) 50 cents off 2 coupons (doubled)

1 Speedstick deodorant, 88 cents
- (1) 50 coupon (doubled)

- $4.00 Mega Event Savings
- 44 cents Senior Discount (we don't know why she gets it, but she does)

Mfg Coupon Savings $4.00
Bonus Cpn Savings $2.50
Kroger Plus Savings $5.25
Total Savings (97 pct) $11.75

Total spent - 25 cents!

She said the guy that rang up her order was just about speechless when he looked at the total and told her what it was!

Yup, this is why we love Kroger: Clearance + Mega Events + e-coupons + coupons + double coupons...

No comments: